Thursday, January 9, 2014

FR. MICHAEL FISH, CONTEMPLATIVE HERMIT, ON THE WOMAN AT THE WELL


Parish Mission, Fr. Michael Fish, January 11, 2012 from Holy Family Church on Vimeo.

This is a Parish Mission talk by Fr. Michael Fish, given on January 11, 2012, in which he gives an in-depth analysis of the parable of the woman at the well [John 1:4-26].

The upshot of which is--Whoever you are, yes, you HAVE had five "husbands." We all have our idols that we put before God. So bring them to Jesus who, as Fr. Fish says, is dying--literally--to do something for us.
We think we're supposed to do something for him, but he is dying to do something for us....

2 comments:

  1. Heather, thanks for posting this video. I must say I am speechless
    by this beautiful teaching and have gone to look for my husbands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for this Heather. This monk is dynamic ! I have sent it to several friends and my spiritual director to wake them up !

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!